Personalization Telling the story of a life.
It is a surprising fact that most people who attend a funeral do not know the deceased very well, or at all. They come to the service in support of a friend who has lost a parent or other relative, or in sympathy for a co-worker or neighbor. A funeral is a time to remember a loved one as a person who had interests, hobbies, and accomplishments. That is why we believe each funeral should tell the story of the life that has been lived.
Excellence in funeral service.
Since we specialize in making every funeral as personal and expressive as possible, we listen carefully to family members during the planning conference, and then recommend many touching and dignified ways to tell the important story of the life that has been lived. In addition to personalized caskets, urns, and other merchandise, we often ask families to consider:
- Memory tables with a display of personal items.
- Photo boards that include images of the person’s life, pursuits, and loved ones.
- Tribute videos — a touching commemoration produced with photos from the person’s life, edited together with music.
- Special music with your loved one’s “favorite song,” or other selection that carries special memories and meaning.
- Personal clothing…Often, we dress a loved one in the jersey of his favorite team, a military uniform, or the apron she loved to wear while cooking for the family.
- Keepsakes, Thumbies® and jewelry -such as lockets, charms, pendants, and other jewelry, and many other types of mementos, as well. These items are perfect to store a portion of the cremated remains, a lock of hair, or earth from the gravesite.
- Special requests…We have helped families carry out some unique wishes. Please do not hesitate to discuss these needs with us, because we will do everything possible to accommodate you.
- In our selection room, we have set aside an area for personalization items and ideas. Please ask to see these interesting, satisfying, and dignified ways to communicate the unique personality of your loved one. We will be happy to show you the complete selection.
Memory tables with a display of personal items
Personal clothing…Often, we dress a loved one in the jersey of his favorite team, a military uniform, or the apron she loved to wear while cooking for the family